Another season of NHL hockey is upon us. How sweet it is.
Sorry for the delay this morning, folks. You see, I am an idiot.
Look out for Carey’s Deep Dive on the forwards today.
- Your annual prediction thread/post is up. Stick tap to Sauceinatti for putting it together. [LHH]
- The Isles’ site has their own preview on the forward corps for 2019-20. [Islanders]
- Arthur Staple has ten bold predictions for the Islanders as the season opens, including another trip to the playoffs. [Athletic]
- Katie Strang was hanging around Isles camp, too, and she has ten observations about her time back on Long Island. [Athletic]
- Oliver Wahlstrom doesn’t think he’ll be in Bridgeport too long. No one else does, for that matter. [Newsday]
Wonder how long this guy will be there, too:
#Isles Transaction: The team has assigned Simon Holmstrom to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) October 2, 2019
- Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts includes some “speculation” on the Islanders and Josh Ho-Sang; I put quotes around “speculation” because, as he says, he can never truly know what Lou is doing, but he’s Elliotte Friedman — I don’t think he would put it out there for no reason.
- The Isles officially announced their partnership with ESPN Radio. [Islanders]
- WATCH: Take a virtual tour through Railers camp and hear from a few coaches, too. [YouTube]
Sweet, delicious ice:
, ! Our center ice logo is hand painted because the #Isles orange has such a brilliance to it that it can’t be achieved on a printer. Can't wait to see this beauty on FRIDAY! pic.twitter.com/hS8f747lvT— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) October 3, 2019
- For the first time this season... last night’s NHL scores. :’)
- Bob McKenzie has signed an extension to remain with TSN. He was due to be a UFA next summer. [TSN]
- Defenseman Torey Krug has begun contract extension discussions with the Bruins. If Dom were here, he’d remind everyone that they lost in the Cup Final to the Blues, but I don’t want to steal his bit.