After four days off, Islanders hockey is finally back. They’re in action against the Coyotes at the Coliseum.
- The line consisting of Brock Nelson, Anthony Beauvillier, and Michael Dal Colle has been quite consistent. [Islanders]
- That being said, they had Derick Brassard on Nelson’s wing in practice yesterday, but it’s not a guarantee that’s where they line up tonight. [Islanders]
Here’s Barry Trotz talking about what his plans might be:
CAN'T WAIT FOR GAME DAY TOMORROW!!— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) October 23, 2019
Until then, here's today's #Isles practice updates from Trotz pic.twitter.com/kFjaU5QrKs
- Dom wonders aloud what the future holds for the lines in light of the practice setup. [LHH]
- Carey Haber examines three players who are doing well to start, and three who are not (including Brassard). [LHH]
- Cole Bardreau, still with the team as of this morning, has taken the long and winding road to the NHL. [Newsday]
- It didn’t make it into their Insider Trading segment, but Darren Dreger reports that the Islanders are trying to trade Josh Ho-Sang. Shocking, I know. [TSN]
- 2015 7th round defenseman David Quenneville spent almost all of 2018-19 with ECHL Worcester, but two nights ago, he got back into an AHL game. We’ll see if he sticks. [CT Insider]
- After only one season in the Isles organization, president of business operations Travis Williams will be returning to Pittsburgh—not with the Penguins this time, but with the Pirates. [PPG]
- LISTEN: Chris King joined the Isle Seat Podcast.
- Stan Fischler remembers 1984 playoff series between the Isles and the Rangers. Guess who won?! [Maven’s Memories]
Among last night’s games was a thriller between the Penguins and Lightning that the Lightning stole away in the final minute and Friday’s opponent, the Senators, beating the Red Wings 5-2 on home ice. That’s all the games from last night, in fact.
- The Ducks had signed Luca Sbisa and placed him on waivers, whether they had to or because they wanted to assign him to AHL San Diego, but the Jets claimed him. [Jets]
- Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts touches on the mounting pressure in the Maple Leafs organization and the new Sabres. [Sportsnet]
- Pierre LeBrun held a joint Q&A with Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau about getting the old Sharks band back together. [The Athletic]
- The Senators promoted 2016 first-rounder Logan Brown from the AHL and placed him on the top line, reuniting him with childhood friend Brady Tkachuk. [TSN]