Yesterday my four-year-old sang four Halloween songs in quick succession, and I recognized one of them. Tis the season.
- With several days between games, you know what helps fill the void? Some easy podcast listening. Noel and Dan P. caught up with radio announcer Chris King and announced their next Isles Buzz live show at Offside Tavern. [LHH]
- Also, Joe on PTIsles spoke with Peter Schwartz about the win streak, the latest Brocktober, and Mathew Barzal. [SoundCloud]
- As the Isles returned to the ice, Casey Cizikas was back at practice — and Leo Komarov (illness) and Tom Kuhnhackl sat out — but Barry Trotz says we’ll see how the activity affects Cizikas, who officially remains on IR. [Isles]
- The Islanders haven’t received many power plays, but they’re producing at a good clip with the ones they do get. [Newsday]
- With David Quenneville in, Otto Koivula back, and Linus Soderstrom getting his first turn as back up, the Sound Tigers hosted Providence...and were trounced. [Soundin’ Off pregame | BST | AHL]
- Consider the Islanders dynasty alumni excited for Belmont (the arena, not the horse stuff. We think.) [Isles]
Last night’s NHL scores include the Islanders’ next opponent, the Coyotes, coming in hot after beating the Smurfs in OT to make a four-game win streak.
- The end of an era: PTO-turned-scratch-turned-PTO d-man Luca Sbisa has found work with the Ducks. Apparently, the Islanders will not collect a finders’ fee nor even room and board.[Anaheim Calling]
- It’s still early in what will surely be a long, miserable and unfulfilling time with the Rangers, but Kaapo Kakko is frustrated, so that’s cool. [Post]
- They lost to the Stanley Cup champs this week, but you should believe the division-leading Avalanche are for real. [TSN]
- Dale Hawerchuk is taking a leave from coaching to get treatment for stomach cancer. Another reminder that cancer can go to hell. [NHL | TSN]