After a matinee overtime win on Monday, the New York Islanders don’t play again until Thursday in Winnipeg.
That hole in the schedule means it was time for some important post-practice puppy work — cutting short, perhaps, fan squabbling over practice lines.
Some guys got their first taste of...I mean how does one explain where new traditions come from? They just emerge.
jk, actually just playin' with some pups pic.twitter.com/QR2OOMUNBw— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) October 15, 2019
This year’s partner is American Vet Dogs, a Smithtown nonprofit that provides service dogs for veterans.
Everything as it was:
#Isles lines at practice today (no Cizikas (IR), Eberle, both lower-body, Cizikas with left foot in walking boot yesterday. Also, Ladd in non-contact jersey)— Andrew Gross (@AGrossNewsday) October 15, 2019
- Dan P. and Noel return for an episode of Isles Buzz that discusses the “must win,” the comeback victory over the Blues, reminiscence of returning alumni, and a TMI title. [Isles Buzz]
- Also this morning, look for The Other Dan’s newest addition to our podcast feed, “My Favorite Islanders Game.” Thanks for everyone who’s already called in to contribute.
- Thomas Greiss and Semyon Varlamov will continue splitting starts while earning trust with teammates. [Newsday]
- The Sound Tigers are off to an uneven start, but there are bright spots. [Bridgeport Report]
- What if, after all this time, Derick Brassard’s skate blades weren’t setup right? Inside the evolving world of the blade, and the “steel psychos” who no longer use team trainers to make the adjustments. Anthony Beauvillier is also a believer. [Athletic]
- Last night’s NHL scores include the Jets losing to the Original Jets.
- For Winnipeg, a “growing sense of optimism” for Dustin Byfuglien’s return. [TSN]
- The Hurricanes continue to roll, off to their best start in franchise history, so don’t feel too bad about the loss in Raleigh. [NHL]
- Pierre LeBrun catches up with ol’ McNulty I mean Bill Guerin, on his first months in the GM chair. [Athletic]
- Who is the most dangerous team that missed the playoffs last season? A player poll. [NHL]
- Stan Fischler digs up notes on a 50-year-old interview with Maurice Richard. [NHL]