Mike and Dan return for another season of worrying about the Islanders, and they start things off with a bang (or, to be more specific, three bangs on the waiver wire in Josh Ho-Sang, Thomas Hickey and Tanner Fritz).
They also discuss the team’s end-of-camp roster including the addition of young defenseman Noah Dobson. In the second half, they enjoy the many groundbreakings at Belmont Park and look forward to the team’s future home. Listen for special announcements about two new Lighthouse Hockey podcasts coming this season. (Seriously, don’t turn it off. You’re going to want to hear these.)
(And yes, we updated the theme song for this season. If you like it, it’s still the same. If you don’t, well, at least it’s shorter now.)
- Dom’s rundown of today’s waiver decisions.
- Arthur Staple on how the final lines and pairings could shake out.
- Look at that live construction cam, baby! And even more at the team’s Belmont hub on the web.
- Make sure to follow @LhhPodcasts on Twitter for all Lighthouse Hockey audio releases, news and announcements.
- Our sponsor this season is VintageIceHockey.com, where you can buy shirts, hoodies and mugs featuring logos and colors of over 100 classic hockey teams. Each top quality item is shipped fast, and the product pages have trivia notes you can get lost in. Here’s this week’s sale. More discount codes are on the way this season for listeners:
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek.
Closing theme song: “If I Could Turn Back Time” by Cher
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed.
Hosting for SB Nation podcasts is provided by Megaphone.