NOTE: CONTAINS COURSE LANGUAGE. PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED. BLAME THE DALLAS STARS.
They also cover how the team is executing Barry Trotz’s game plan, how All Star Mathew Barzal is finding his Calder Trophy form again and how some members of the Toronto media still have no clue what they’re talking about when it comes to the Islanders. Finally, they discuss the ongoing mess in Edmonton, an entertaining meltdown in Dallas, a by-the-numbers Winter Classic and the highly entertaining new book, “We Want Fish Sticks,” about the Islanders’ failed rebranding in the mid-1990’s.
Check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
- Find all of our game recaps here. It’s been a busy couple of weeks.
- Here are Barry Trotz’s pre-game comments about Tavares leaving his Islanders teammates.
- And here he is in this week’s 31 Thoughts, talking about his “enlightening” outlook on coaching.
- These guys are most definitely not enlightened.
- This dude is, though. Congrats again to the Staple family.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey