NOTE: CONTAINS COURSE LANGUAGE. PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED.
Mike and Dan hit the All Star Break with the Islanders in first place and striding over untrodden ground.
They discuss how the team has gotten to this point and the five-game winning streak that catapulted the Islanders to a seat at the table among the NHL’s best. They also examine coach Barry Trotz’s connection with the fanbase, how GM Lou Lamoriello has helped shape things and how this version of the Islanders has been different than many that came before it. Finally, they goof on the Edmonton Oilers firing GM Peter Chiarelli, who may also be the third (maybe second) best GM in Islanders history.
- Arthur Staple sat down with Lou Lamoriello, who talked about the importance of telling people what they might not want to hear.
- Lamoriello also spoke with the Post’s Mike Vaccaro about what “culture” actually means.
- Evan Sporer at The Athletic broke down how the Islanders’ defense can stifle opponents.
- Gotham Sports Network on how to look at the Islanders’ stats this season. (i.e. enough about the PDO, already)
- Join Noel and Dan for a live taping of Isles Buzz on March 16th at The Offside Tavern after the Islanders-Red Wings game.
- Tell everyone you can about NHLNames.com, the great new website founded by our own Jon and Travis (aka Spizzwolf and North Dakota Red Eagle).
- Leave us a review at iTunes, SoundCloud or wherever you listen. You have a week without an Islanders game so take a minute. It’ll make us happy. Also, a GooglePlay listing for us will happen soon.
- And as always, check out SneakyAthletic.com for great Islanders merchandise and use the code ANXIETY at the checkout to get 10% off.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Opening theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Baby, I’m a Star” by Prince
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey