Injury Updates [Isles]:
- Andrew Ladd continues to be “day to day” with good days and bad days; I suspect this will linger.
- The Isles also confirmed what had become obvious after Linus Soderstrom’s Swedish interview last month: the goalie hasn’t skated, and isn’t expected any time soon. He’s back rehabbing injuries in Sweden.
- More on Ladd, and a note on Soderstrom, plus: tonight each goalie will get about half the game, as they vie for first crack at the starting job. [Newsday]
- It was another day, another set of defensive pairings in practice (Leddy and Boychuk back together), as Barry Trotz discussed the factors. [Athletic]
- Trotz is a fan of Ryan Pulock, who is feeling confident as he approaches age 24. [WFAN]
- Mask artist David Gunnarsson described why Robin Lehner’s new mask has extra meaning. [LHH]
- Lehner described adjustments to his approach under Mitch Korn; Trotz described why he likes Korn so much. Martin Biron describes what he sees. [Athletic]
- With their other preseason game called off, the Sound Tigers went hard into scrimmaging. [Soundin’ Off]
- Getting to know new Sound Tiger Mike Sislo. [CT Post]
- A couple of weeks ago, local boy Josh Bailey spoke about memories playing in Oshawa as a visitor. [Durham Region]
- Leboff will feed your gambling habit with teams to bet on in 2018-19. [Action Sports]
- Heritage or cultural appropriation? The Hurricanes will wear Whalers threads twice this season. [Canes Country]
- Bruce Dowbiggen’s latest book doubles down on his longheld disdain for the salary cap, claiming it’s holding us back from some truer sporting nirvana where Nashville could totally still compete for the Cup, surely. [JFTC]
- David Perron discusses his third stint with the Blues. [AP]
- We’re late enough in the preseason where you can actually get suspended for a regular season game, too. Robert Bortuzzo, in this instance. [NHL]
Meanwhile, in Edmonton...
That's nine goals on 42 shots on $2.5 million US goalie Koskinen so far in the pre-season.— Terry Jones (@byterryjones) September 28, 2018
Mikko Koskinen, pack your bags and punch your ticket to Europe. One-way ticket? This is his third start for #Oilers and that was third time he's allowed his first shot of game — this one right through five-hole. That was a huge problem for Edmonton last year. Unacceptable! #THW— Larry Fisher (@LarryFisher_KDC) September 28, 2018