I’m smoking a pork shoulder today and have some time so I figured I’d throw these together. Enjoy your Saturday.
- Our Top 25 Under 25 beginneth with defensive defenseman Kyle Burroughs. [LHH]
- Noel and Dan talk to ESPN’s Linda Cohn (!!) who has high hopes for the Islanders this coming season (!!!). [Isles Buzz]
- Mike’s mind trip through the Islanders quantum time stream ropes in Jon Ledecky, Matt Moulson and the Maven.
- But before that, the Maven talks glowingly about The Trotz. [MSG Networks]
- The man-child of the hour is Islanders first rounder Noah Dobson, who scored twice on Thursday and is turning heads at for Team Canada at the World Junior Summer Showcase. [NHL.com | Tim Hunter talks to TSN.ca | Journal Pioneer]
- It’s not everyday that your local pro hockey boys get a mention on The Weather Channel. But then again, it’s also not everyday that you reel in a real, live sea monster, as Mathew Barzal and Nick Leddy did at The Ladd Foundation’s annual fishing event, which is right now apparently taking place somewhere off the coast of Isla Nublar.
- Wanna join the Islanders Ice Crew? Tryouts are on August 12th.
- Something something Nassau Coliseum deadlines blahblahblah. [LI Business News]
- The Senators had a busy week at the Arbitration Station, settling with Mark Stone and Cody Ceci on one-year deals. Stone will be a UFA next year (so, uh, expect a trade) but Ceci will remain an RFA. [Silver Seven on Stone and on Ceci]
- The origin and the folks behind CapFriendly, one of the most indispensable sites on the internet. Give you one guess whose contract crashed the servers earlier this summer. [The Athletic]
- Blast-from-the-Past and good egg Anders Nilsson does his part for the LGBTQ community, which still faces many painful obstacles within hockey and society at large. [Daily Hive]