[checks calendar] Yup, still August.
- BREAKING (sort of): Corey Pronman of The Athletic ranks the Islanders as having the fifth best farm system in the NHL. He ranks Oliver Wahlstrom as a “High End NHL prospect,” and Noah Dobson, Kieffer Bellows, Ruslan Iskahov and Bode Wilde as “Very Good NHL prospects.” Needless to say, he was high on the team’s latest draft.
Here’s Pronman’s ranking of Islanders players under 23. You’ll need to subscribe to read the full article:
Mathew Barzal, C
Oliver Wahlstrom, RW
Anthony Beauvillier, LW
Noah Dobson, D
Kieffer Bellows, LW
Ruslan Iskhakov, RW
Bode Wilde, D
Ryan Pulock, D
Josh Ho-Sang, RW
Ilya Sorokin, G
- The Islanders Summer Series continues with Andrew Ladd catching sea monsters at his fishing tournament. Seriously, is there radioactive material in the water out there?
- Noah Dobson goes from the draft to the fifth best Islander under 25, according to our judges (expect his draftmate Oliver Wahlstrom to join him shortly).
- In case you missed it from Friday, Linus Soderstrom’s recovery is taking longer than he expected. But he’s still got a good attitude. [LHH]
- Michael Fornabaio’s quick Sound Tigers notes, on some comings and goings. [Soundin’ Off]
- Which teams get (and don’t get) favorable whistles at home. Everyone things the refs hate their team. [TSN.ca]
- After four years, Martin Brodeur is expected to leave the Blues organization. Will he return to New Jersey? Will he go to Montreal? Will he rent a car from Enterprise and drive his phony beard-wearing kids to hockey practice? Who knows... [The Athletic]
- Flyers goalie Alex Lyon has a mask inspired by the movie, The Sixth Sense. The twist is that Lyon has been dead the whole time. [Deadspin]