Good news, folks: the apple cider vinegar is working. I can fit into my suit again. Part of it is the metabolism boost, but I think the fact that my taste buds have been burned off is the other benefit of the vinegar - I can’t enjoy food anymore!
In all seriousness, though, I kinda like it. I’ve always enjoyed the flavor of vinegars on food in general, so it somewhat stands to reason the taste of straight apple cider vinegar would eventually grow on me as it has. Still, a surprising development.
Is it October yet?
Bits o’ Plenty
- Since we last spoke, four more babies were unveiled in the countdown. Linus Soderstrom completed the goalie back-to-back at number 12; the Real Sebastian Aho skates in at number 11; Adam Pelech qualifies for the top 10; and 9 is the wildest of them all, Bode Wilde.
- Yesterday was the Islanders’ turn for NHL.com’s annual 31 in 31 series. They need Mathew Barzal and Barry Trotz to make up for the loss of John Tavares. [Inside Look | 3 Questions | Top Prospects | Fantasy Breakdown | Behind the Numbers]
- Barzal is looking to build off a breakthrough season; ProHockeyTalk is conducting a similar series and if you’re so inclined, you can find all the Islanders links through this article. [PHT]
- GM Lou Lamoriello went on Sirius NHL Network Radio to discuss the Belmont timeline, which may reach its terminus sooner than expected. [Newsday | Listen on SoundCloud]
- Anthony Beauvillier is the next featured guest in the Isles: Summer Series. He returned to his childhood home in Montreal and his junior home in Shawinigan, QC, where he is a local legend and even has a burger dish in his honor. I say this without a shred of irony: having a burger named after me is the pinnacle of success in my world, and I vow to achieve it. [Local Legend | Tito Burger | VIDEO]
- The Krygier twins, sons of former NHLer Todd, were drafted only five picks apart from each other this summer: Christian went to the Isles at 196 and Cole to the Panthers not long after at 201. This fall, they’ll go to Michigan State together. [THN]
- Travis Yost breaks down how the best goal scorers score their goals - namely, what type of shots went in for each of them. [TSN]
- James Mirtle at The Athletic hosted a roundtable article on WAR models with Matt Cane and Tyler Dellow, two analytics wizards to be sure, but neither of whom have actually developed their own model, a character curiously lacking from this debate, as noted by Manny Perry on Twitter.