I’ve started taking apple cider vinegar shots to help cleanse my body of all the utter garbage with which I fill it. It sorta tastes like what I imagined the flavor of battery acid was, but folks, I’ve never felt more energized.
- Head coach Barry Trotz chatted with Arthur Staple in a long and detailed Q&A. He describes bringing the same “culture change” he did in Washington, and it is refreshing to hear a coach with such a wealth of experience and knowledge use it toward the Islanders. [The Athletic]
- 14 players were added to the Stars and Stripes Showdown roster for Team USA, including the Islanders’ own Anders Lee.
- We’re up to numbers 14 and 13 in the Top 25U25 Islanders. [14 | 13]
- In case you missed it yesterday, the Isles will host the Flyers in a prospect scrimmage at Northwell Health Ice Center on September 12. All the whipper-snappers will be there. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Islanders’ Children Foundation. [Islanders | Newsday | BSH]
- The Sound Tigers announced their promotional schedule for the season. No Bacon Night, though. [Sound Tigers]
- Ryan Reaves thinks the Golden Knights are poised for another run to the Stanley Cup. I do not. [TSN]
- Its the Panthers’ 25th season and they’re going to celebrate with Legacy Saturdays this season. One such night will be Nov. 10, when they will honor the memory of Bill Torrey in a game against, fittingly, the Islanders.
- The Minnesota Wild announced its support of the new NWHL team, the Minnesota Ice Caps.