I was gonna use the Willy Wonka quote about having to strike that and reverse it, but we don’t have all that much to do here, folks. Only six bits, but that’s enough for a post, right?
Islanders News and Otherwise
- Lou Lamoriello seemed to have finalized his roster with the signing of Brock Nelson, and it appears Barry Trotz has his coaching staff figured out with the hiring of Piero Greco as goaltending coach. Scott Gomez is the lone holdover from last season, and will remain, according to Andrew Gross. This also doesn’t rule out “goalie whisperer” Mitch Korn - he stepped down from coaching last season to take the title of Director of Goaltending to reduce his travel schedule. He may yet do the same here. [Newsday | Islanders]
- Bode Wilde, a second-round pick for the Islanders that could’ve been a late first-rounder, is hoping to carve out a nice path with the team that drafted him. [NHL]
- New York State has announced that the LIRR will be conducting a study to investigate how they can bring more service to the Belmont station. They expect to be complete in September. [Newsday]
- Noel had Adrian Aucoin on the Isles Buzz podcast to talk about his time with the Islanders. This is especially cool for me, because he was one of the players that helped make the Isles a playoff team for the first time in my life in 2002. (I was born six months after the team’s previous playoff appearance that shall not be spoken of.) [LHH]
- And folks, this is simply amazing: so the Bruins are owned by Jeremy Jacobs; a guy in Connecticut, named Jeffrey Jacobs, has been impersonating the Bruins owner to get out of paying for shit. He, of course, has been arrested and charged, but this is hysterical. [Deadspin]