It’s a beautiful Saturday. Here’s some Islanders and hockey stuff anyway.
- Arthur Staple re-joined Dimitri Filipovic on The Hockey PDOcast to talk about what happened between the Islanders and John Tavares and where they go from here. As with his appearance on Isles Buzz, Art shares his insight into what went down as well as his ideas on what could happen next (and why they still do things like giving fourth liners term). He also admits once again that he’s not always right, but this is the closest idea we’ll ever get.
- In Newsday, Andrew Gross talks to execs around the league to get an idea of how Lou Lamoriello has adapted his philosophy over his 152 years in the NHL, while still remaining the same rink rat and teammate he’s always been.
- In Montreal today is Anthony Beauvillier’s Spikeball for Alzheimer’s Event. Good luck to the participants and good on young Tito for making this happen. [Islanders]
- Bobo “Son of Bob” Carpenter is trying to find his way to the NHL after rookie camp invites with the Islanders and Devils. [NY Post]
- Marc-Andre Fleury will remain in Vegas for at least the next three seasons after signing an extension with the Golden Knights. [KoI]