It’s been an important couple of weeks in Islanders history since Lou took over. Not much else need be said there. Enjoy it, folks. I know I am.
Be on the lookout for a new Islanders Anxiety, as well as to see what the Islanders do with their two back-to-back picks in the SB Nation Mock Draft. All happening today! Phew, who said the offseason was boring?
Look out for a new Islanders Anxiety podcast this morning too: After the fall.
- It’s canon at this point that no one knows what goes on in Lou’s mind. But change is afoot. [Newsday]
- That being said, league sources have indicated to Pierre LeBrun that Phillip Grubauer, backup to Braden Holtby, is already garnering interest from teams, like the Isles and Hurricanes, that are in desperate need of a no. 1 goaltender. I’d take him, for the right price. Also, Barry Trotz could be an option behind the bench, if he doesn’t renew his contract with the Capitals. [The Athletic]
- If you’ve got 17 minutes, you can listen to Lou speak to Bob McCown about joining a new organization. [Sportsnet]
- The Isle Seat Podcast discusses the massive changes made.
- Call it a ‘culture change,’ call it what you will. I’m simply glad it happened. Here’s perspective from one of our Isles fan friends in the U.K. [Chasing the Puck]
- BUMP: Now that the changes have been made, Arthur Staple takes a look at who some future candidates for coach and GM could be - including the above-mentioned Trotz. [The Athletic]
- Also, let’s look back on some of Garth Snow’s most intriguing moves. *tugs collar* [Sportsnet]
- Game 5 is tonight. The Capitals can win it all. Full circle for Trotz. [TSN]
- Five takeaways from the deposition made by Gary Bettman in the concussion lawsuit. [The Athletic]
- On the even of negotiating his Next Big Deal, Auston Matthews switches away from John Tavares’ agent’s agency to another mega-agency. TSN Insiders discuss. They also reiterate Grubauer and Islanders-Hurricanes interest.
- A few more picks yesterday in the SBN NHL Mock Draft. Our first one comes up later this afternoon.
- Devante Smith-Pelly is the latest athlete to say nope, wouldn’t be going to the hyper-politicized White House if his team wins. [TSN]
- Unsurprisingly, the Islanders (Leddy and Boychuk+) make Dellow’s list of nine worst defense pairs, as do Keith-Seabrook+ in Chicago. [The Athletic]
- The Oilers vow the on-ice product will improve, on down to the AHL and...their WHL team too. [Edm. Sun]