- Jon Ledecky was the Grand Marshal of the Belmont Parade and spent his Saturday waving, smiling and kissing babies where the Islanders (we assume) will play for the foreseeable future. [Islanders]
- The Belmont folks plan on renovating the park itself while the Islanders build their building and surrounding structures. [Newsday]
- Had a couple of updates to the Tavares Encyclopedia in the last few days. Nothing crazy but it might get that way, soon.
- Luke and Stephanie Richardson will be honored on Tuesday for their founding of the Do It For Daron movement and their work in the community. [Ottawa Citizen]
- An extra special Happy Birthday to Andrew Ladd’s grandfather Gordon, who turned 100 yesterday [Maple Ridge News]. Young Gordon is looking sharp and spry on the golf course with his grandson, too:
Special day golfing with my grandfather for his 100th birthday! pic.twitter.com/CyiO5oyMn8— Andrew Ladd (@aladd16) June 2, 2018
- The Caps took a 2-1 lead in the Stanley Cup final with a 3-1 win over Vegas last night. It was Washington’s first home win in a Cup final in franchise history. [Japers]
- Hall of Famer Brooksie ranks the best saves in Cup final history. Sorry, Braden Holtby.
- The Scouting Combine has concluded and now these kids wait to see where (or if) they’ll get drafted. [NHL.com]
- Oliver Ekman-Larsson and the Coyotes might be looking to make a longterm commitment. [NHL.com]
- A Senators assistant GM was charged with harassment in Buffalo on Friday and could face jail. [Ottawa Citizen]
- What lines had the worst goal differentials in the league? No, not every Islanders line. Just one, and it might surprise you. [Dellow at The Athletic]
Ledecky went underground following that weird press conference at the end of the season, but he’s right back on the horse when talking about Belmont. Here, he invites a girl to sing the anthem at an Islanders game and gives tickets out to a whole group of people.