Mike and Dan discuss the Islanders huge coaching hire of Barry Trotz, fresh off a Stanley Cup championship with the Capitals. They try to come to grips with how much the franchise has changed in the month since Lou Lamoriello took over as GM and wonder how the hiring of Trotz impacts re-signing John Tavares.
It takes a while, but they also get around to mentioning that Mathew Barzal won the Calder Trophy as NHL Rookie of the Year and that listening to an Entry Draft on the radio is awful.
Thanks to Cmessthe1st for the five star iTunes review. The theme song stays.
- Barry Trotz named Islanders coach [LHH stream | Andrew Gross at Newsday | Brett Cyrgalis at the Post]
- Arthur Staple on Trotz and Tavares from The Athletic.
- For draft info and prospect talk, check out our own Isles Buzz podcast with Noel and Dan, and the Isles Seat podcast with B-Comp and Carver.
- Mathew Barzal is your 2018 Calder Trophy winner. [LHH]
- We totally forget to mention that the Islanders schedule was also released.
- Yup, they added more games at the Coliseum for next season [LHH]
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word as best you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme Song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app using our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey
Also available at: