I hope everyone had a happy and healthy Father’s Day. There wasn’t a ton of a information to be had from this weekend in the world of hockey, but I’m sure that’ll change shortly.
Bits of Hockey
- In the vein of Father’s Day, eight NHL fathers wrote letters to their sons. [The Athletic]
- And also: Erica Kromm, daughter of former NHLer Richard Kromm, is the captain of the Calgary Inferno of the CWHL and one of many female hockey players with NHL bloodlines. [The Athletic]
- Ten years ago, Jordan Eberle was a late first round pick of the Edmonton Oilers. And now? A sacrifice to Peter Chiarelli’s idiocy. Thanks Pete! [National Post]
- That same draft, the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, featured Eberle as well as Steven Stamkos, Drew Doughty, and Erik Karlsson. [NHL]
- Because a historic Canadian team made the trade, here’s TSN trying to explain Marc Bergevin’s third major trade in which he sold insanely low. [TSN]
- Max Domi calls it a ‘huge honor’ to join the Montreal Canadiens.
- And Alex Galchenyuk is happy to finally play his natural position of center with the Arizona Coyotes, and also, I presume, to be out of the Montreal media machine.
- On the heels of the news that Kyle Dubas has yet to be asked for permission to speak with him, Toronto Marlies coach Sheldon Keefe expects to be back behind the bench for the Maple Leafs affiliate. ‘Twould seem to end speculation of Keefe as the new Islanders coach, methinks. [Sportsnet]
- An old Isles coach, Rick Bowness, still yearns for a Stanley Cup despite having been let go by the Lightning as an assistant. [CBC]