The Islanders have finally named Lou Lamoriello as their president of hockey operations, ushering in a new era that Mike and Dan have a lot of thoughts, worries, hopes and laughs about. They discuss the impact the hiring might have on John Tavares, what it means for the franchise and how other markets have reacted to it.
Also, Dan compares the 75-year-old Lamoriello to the Sorcerer Supreme, Dr. Strange.
A lot was written today, so if I missed something, I apologize.
- Check out our storystream of all the great articles Dom has pumped out in the last two days. The one outlining the connections between the Tavares free agency and Ilya Kovalchuk’s free agency was particularly excellent.
- Lou’s introductory conference call via MSG Networks.
- Arthur Staple on the Islanders new day.
- Andrew Gross reports that John Tavares liked speaking with Lamoriello last week.
- Elliotte Friedman on other GMs (*cough* marc bergevin *cough*) not being happy that Lamoriello and Tavares spoke last week. Via Chris Nichols at FRS Sports.
- Here’s Lamoriello’s interview with Mike Francesa. Just two old ‘talian guys talkin’ spawts.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word as best you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme Song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app using our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey
Also available at: