Hi. Nothing’s going on.
- Anders Lee and Mathew Barzal know as much about what John Tavares will do this as we do. The two will play today for the bronze medal at the World Championships. DON’T GET HURT. [NHL.com]
- Brett Cyrgalis rounds up the tense Tavares situation, which hasn’t changed. [NY Post]
- AHL notes via Michael Fornabaio at Soundin’ Off.
- Chocolat! The Swiss upset Canada to score a slot in the gold medal game. [TSN.ca]
- Meanwhile, Sweden blew out the USA 6-0 to return to the gold medal game for the second straight year. [IIHF.com]
- Canada and the US will play in the bronze medal game today at 9:30 am. The gold medal game is at 2 pm. Both will air live on NHL Network.
- The Lightning have a 3-2 lead on the Caps in the Eastern Conference final after a 3-2 win in game five and 50 million saves from Andrei Vasilevskiy. [Raw Charge]
- Marian Hossa’s career is officially over. Great, underrated player. [NHL.com]
- Sure sounds like the Rangers are set to hire Boston University coach David Quinn to run their bench. [NY Post]
- Playing at home in the playoffs sometimes isn’t the advantage it might seem. [Bourne at The Athletic]
- The Stanley Cup playoffs bring a lot of pressure. Having a newborn baby is a lot of pressure. Both at the same time... good luck. [ESPN]
- Former Islander (and lots of other things) Joel Bouchard is now the head coach of the Canadiens’ AHL club. [EOTP]
- Next season’s Kraft Hockeyville game will be a Sabres-Blue Jackets preseason game in Clinton, NY. [NHL.com]
- Now you can eat Alex Ovechkin’s pregame meal. Then maybe you will never break as well. [Sportsnet]
They should be paying him for this tour.