It’s Friday. A beautiful day for some bits, wouldn’t you say?
- Bob McKenzie weighs in on Lou Lamoriello and says he thinks the ex-Devils GM will be with the Islanders, and if he is, “he’ll be the boss.” [Fan Rag]
- Meanwhile, oh you prefer Tavares speculation? Our encyclopedia updated accordingly with two more scuttles of buttery. [LHH]
- A look back and ahead at Islanders goalies, which has kind of been an issue in the Snow era. [Newsday]
- A look back at the last five drafts, which have kind of been an issue in the Snow era. [The Athletic]
- A look back at how the Islanders captured their fourth Cup in a row, something no one has done since nor will ever do again. [MSG]
- Meet teacher Bob Nystrom. ...Bob Nystrom?! [SW]
- The latest in the travails of redeveloping the Nassau “hub.” [Newsday]
- They were heavily outshot, but hockey is a strange beast: The Lightning did the thing and evened their series at 2-2. [NHL] Out West, Vegas attempts to take a commanding lead over Winnipeg tonight in Game 4.
- At the World Championship in Denmark, it’ll be Canada and the U.S. and a whole lot of Islanders in the semifinals. [NHL]
- This Caps fan enjoyed a Pierre McGuire interview, a rare feat indeed. [RMNB]
- Coyotes working on an eight-year extension with Ekman-Larsson? I know someone who could use one of those. [AZ Central]
- In which Canes fans convince themselves that the “collaborative” model the Hurricanes are trying — it’s not Lou’s way, you know — is foreign to hockey but could have some promise. [Canes Country]
- Which non-playoff team can emulate the Jets and show (extreme) patience for the rebuild? [The Athletic]