- Arthur Staple gives us an update on all the things the Islanders have going on right now. It’s a very concise list. [The Athletic]
- Cover your ears: Dangle is on the Tavares train again. [Sportsnet | Encyclopedia update with the above two items]
- Bridgeport’s Travis St. Denis was rewarded for a good season and is gaining attention within the organization. [CT Post]
- The Sound Tigers know who’ll they’ll be playing next season, but the full schedule hasn’t been released yet.
Other Hockey Happenings
- Congrats to the Jets on making the Western Conference final. They chased Pekka Rinne in the first period last night and never really looked back in a 5-1 win over Nashville. [AIH | OTF]
- A (now ominous) look inside how the Predators prepped for Game 7. [TSN]
- This morning, the Leafs made official what we all pretty much assumed anyway: Kyle Dubas is their new GM [PPP]. Anything that pisses off the likes of Steve Simmons and Ken Campbell is something I can get behind. Meanwhile, those Islanders-Lou Lamoriello rumblings won’t go away. [FRS Sports]
- New Hurricanes coach Rod “The Bod” Brind’Amour sits down for a Q&A with ESPN.
- Holy Cow: The Leehigh Valley Phantoms beat the Charlotte Checkers 2-1 in five overtimes, the longest game in AHL history. [BSH]
- Jewish former pros teach the game to a new generation of hockey players, including one John Tavares. [cjnews.com]