Tonight may be John Tavares’ final home game as an Islander. No, you have something in your eye.
- As you can imagine, he’s unsure but hopeful it works out with the Islanders. Nobody knows what to make of it. [Staple | Gross | Compton]
- But, tonight is a Code Red. [SNY]
- Clothes horse and budding fashion icon Mathew Barzal gets the spotlight in the NY Times Style section.
- The NYI Skinny from the Flyers game is the 500th consecutive for Eric Hornick.
- Andrew Gross sits down with the Isle Seat Podcast.
- Ryan Pulock, Jordan Eberle, and Mathew Barzal will all be suiting for Team Canada at the Worlds. [LHH]
- The Islanders use tiny sensors in their physical therapy programs. [CBSNY]
- Here’s Brent Thompson mic’d up coaching the Sound Tigers to victory.
- Michael Dal Colle is working his way back from injury in a “roller-coaster” season. [CT Post]
- Fornabaio titled this piece “Optional goalie” but I’m not entirely sure why. [Soundin’ Off]
- Perhaps it’s in reference to Mitch Gillam, the Railers goalie that was named to the All-ECHL Team. [RailersHC]
- David Quenneville and the Islanders continue to try to work out a deal, which is quite good. There was a tweet out there that seemed to confirm it, but I don’t have time to find it right now. Sorry folks!
- Stan Fischler is down to No. 3 on his Top Ten Isles Game Moments.
- Hear him discuss his two loves (besides his late, beloved wife): hockey and subways.
- And a Salute to the Maven, from NHL.com.
Last night’s NHL scores. The final playoff spots are still up for grabs, making for an exciting weekend.