Today is another day of playoff hockey without Islanders involvement. But that doesn’t mean we think you all are failures. Thanks for joining. We’ll have more fun offseason stuff soon.
- Josh Bailey is the latest to get the invitation to the IIHF World Championship. If John Tavares and Anders Lee had accepted their invitations, the Isles’ entire top six would be there. [Isles]
- “Long Island Clean Air and Soil, a nonprofit group, is urging state officials to investigate whether the ocean outfall pipe at the Cedar Creek Water Pollution Control Plant on the Wantagh-Seaford border will be able to handle the additional volume from the Belmont project.” [Newsday]
- A silent auction for Mathew Barzal’s stick. [Tri-City News]
- LAMENT OF LAMENTS. Hockey Night in New York welcomes Brian Compton and Chris Botta (separately) as guests. [Hockey Night in NY]
- Congratulations to Doctor Osty, 2017-18 FIG champion! And a good Twitter follow too. [LHH]
- The Railers are down 2-1 in their series with Adirondack with Game 4 Wednesday night. [Telegram]
- The Sound Tigers lost 4-1 (2 ENG) in their finale but went out...blocking shots and doing the little things and stuff. [CT Post | Soundin’ Off] Their exit meetings are today. Not sure if there will be owner statements (nyuk nyuk).
- David Quenneville reflects on his season and pro debut. [CHatNews]
- If there was no bonus point/OT systems in the AHL, Bridgeport...would be in the same place. [Soundin’ Off]
Ilya Sorokin’s CSKA trails in the KHL final:
Sorokin makes 21 saves, but CSKA loses 2-1 and trail 2-0 in KHL final. https://t.co/rVwXn5vrFz— Cory Wright (@WrightsWay) April 16, 2018
About last night: Here are the NHL scores.
- The Devils won to make it a series with the Lightning, who got rather heated at the end. [MSG video]
- The Leafs also notched a win in their series, with some insane saves from Frederik the Dane. [SCOC]
- The NHL’s Central Scouting final rankings are out for the 2018 draft. [NHL]
- Stars fans are worried they will hire Alain Vigneault as coach, if they don’t hire Willie Desjardins. [Defending Big D]
- Score effects are a thing, and in the playoffs they become even more pronounced. [TSN]
- That linesman injury the other night? Just a dislocated kneecap and torn quad. [USA Today]