It’s Saturday. It’s nice outside. Stop reading these and go out.
- Wyshynski runs down the reasons why bad GMs don’t get fired. [ESPN]
- Oh hey the Sound Tigers lost in David Quenneville’s pro debut, 5-2 to Lehigh Valley. [CT Post | Quenneville on his first pro game via MH News]
- And in their playoff debut as a franchise, the Worcester Railers were shut out 3-0 by Adirondack. Game 2 of the seven game series is tonight. [Telegram]
- Kieffer Bellows’ season is over after Portland’s 4-0 loss to Everett last night. The Winterhawks lost the second round series 4-1, but Bellows had 13 points (three goals and 10 assists) in 12 playoff games to tie for the team lead. He had 74 points (41g, 33a) in 56 regular season games and is eligible to play in the AHL next season. [Winterhawks]
- This Fanpost by TMS71 takes issue with the systems deployed by the Islanders this year.
- Why exactly do people want to build an arena in Ronkonkoma? Way to read the room, guys. [Newsday]
- Last night’s NHL scores. The Flyers evened their series with the Penguins and the Jets went up 2-0 on Minnesota.
- Vegas is up 2-0 over the Kings after Erik Haula “at your boy” scored in double OT.
- Nazem Kadri won’t be in tonight’s Leafs-Bruins game because he’s been suspended three games for a hit in Game 1. [PPP]
- After 22 years behind the bench - including a one season return to Dallas, where won the Stanley Cup - Ken Hitchcock announced his retirement yesterday. He’s taking an advisory roe with the Stars. [DMN | Hitch’s letter | DBD | What does it mean for GM Jim Nill?]
- Kim Davis is charged with making hockey truly for everyone. [ESPN.com]
- Petr Budaj’s son has a favorite Lightning player... that is not his dad. [NHL.com]
- The Vegas version of the Statue of Liberty is ready for the playoffs. [NHL.com]