Last night was the Oscars, and the movie with the fish sex won for Best Picture. I don’t know much else of what happened there, but I think I got the important part.
All the Bits
- The one reason I’m tempted to stay up for it: for Mathew Barzal, it is his second opportunity to play against Calder competitor, sort of still, Brock Boeser. But most importantly, it is his first chance to play in front of his family and friends in his hometown - he grew up 20 miles outside of Vancouver. [Newsday | Islanders]
- The mayor of Floral Park is skeptical of what new proposals will do to the size of the Belmont project. [Newsday]
- Nikolay Kulemin was almost a full participant in Isles practice yesterday, but still seems to be a ways away. [Islanders]
- The Power Rankings are pretty much the sound of a Looney Toons anvil whistling downward. [LHH]
- Imagine a world in which Garth Snow was never GM of the Islanders. [LHH]
- Let’s look at the week awaiting the Metro Division, in snapshot formation. [AATJ]