The Islanders are back at it tonight against the Devils, who are still looking to clinch a playoff berth. This afternoon’s Panthers-Bruins game is a big one for them.
Usually, Devils-Islanders games in Newark have had a strong Islanders fan presence. If you go, be strong and enjoy the game as best you can.
FIG picks go here. You never know who’s in these days.
- Arthur Staple’s write-up of the game includes a reflection on Anthony Beauvillier’s second half.
- Josh Ho-Sang had his say on Thursday, then came the inevitable responses from Doug Weight. Now we wait for the responses to the response. [Newsday | NHL.com | Islanders Insight]
- Staple also caught up with other Islanders prospects, like the rehabbing Devon Toews, short time NHLer Sebastian Aho, plus Mitch Vande Sompel, Parker Wotherspoon.
- Oh god. More Tavares stuff, both via transcriptions at FanRag Sports. Elliotte Friedman says he’s heard Tavares is unhappy, and Bob McKenzie thinks he’ll explore free agency. They’ll be in the encyclopedia soon.
- Want a new coach for your NHL team? There’s an app for that. [Fanpost]
- Bridgeport’s already slim playoff hopes took a serious hit with a 5-0 loss at Springfield. [CT Post | Soundin’ Off]
- The Worcester Railers are one point out of the playoffs with two games in hand after a 3-2 win over Brampton. [Telegram]
Around the Boards
- Last night’s NHL scores. Hey, the Rangers got blown out.
- Wyshynski reasons why Connor McDavid shouldn’t win the Hart Trophy because this is a thing people are doing now for some reason. [ESPN]
- Rob Vollman counters with the pro-McDavid for MVP stance. [ESPN]
- Remembering Larry Kwong, the late hockey pioneer that was largely forgotten by the wider hockey-going public. [The Nib]
- The surprise appearance of accountant-turned-NHL goalie Scott Foster is a fun story. Probably picked up a few bucks for himself, too, right? Wait what? He didn’t get paid? Well, I hope he got to keep his jersey at least. [Sun-Times]