This season’s Islanders will go down as one of the most disappointing incarnations of the franchise’s latest era. So Mike and Dan remember some other rosters that were just as bad but, because of the circumstances, are more fondly remembered. They laugh about legendary fights, angry nurses, weird-ass goal songs and the days of little to no expectations, while lamenting this season’s lost opportunities.
Parental warning: We usually edit explicit words, but this episode is uncensored.
- Arthur Staple’s tweet about the dark days (that didn’t seem as dark):
Let this screenshot serve as a reminder to #Isles fans that there is always, always, always a darker moment in the not-too-distant past.— Arthur Staple (@StapeAthletic) March 23, 2018
The anger is stronger now and rightfully so, because the team should be better. But they've been way worse off. https://t.co/h4P38KqGwF
And a response featuring Dan’s response:
A smart and reasoned point by my crazy friend here. I didn’t mean to say anyone should feel better about now. https://t.co/YzIA1DgCX0— Arthur Staple (@StapeAthletic) March 23, 2018
- Here’s a Newsday story on Norman Siegel, the lawyer now working on behalf of the Belmont arena opposition.
- When talking about the legendary Night of Penguin Slaughter, we forgot to mention our story and one of the greatest headlines in this site’s history, courtesy of Mark.
- In which a group of Islanders are accosted by a Nassau County nurse about how bad they are. [Newsday]
- Our special theme song: Live is Life by OPUS. You remember it better as the Islanders goal song in 2010-11.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word as best you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Usual Theme Song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app using our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey
Also available at: