Man o’ Man o’ Shevitz that was some game last night. And it had the perfect ending: a regulation loss. All I have to say is: tank you very much, Tampa Bay.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL | NY Post | Raw Charge
- Doug Weight is happy with the rule changes regarding goaltender interference. [Newsday]
- Before the game, Arthur Staple dropped his latest #StapeChat. Expect a bridge deal or qualifying offer for Ryan Pulock, scorer of two goals last night, and don’t expect any front office or bench changes.
- Allow me to take a Bit and rant, briefly: this team waits so long and wastes so much time ensuring they’re not fucking up by jumping the gun, that they fuck it all up anyway. But yes, let’s waste another year of Mat Barzal’s ELC and (possibly) one of the last years of John Tavares’ prime. Don’t wanna make any rash decisions!!!
- The residents of Elmont and surrounding areas of Belmont attend a public hearing to voice their concerns over the new arena in their backyard, water is wet, etc. [New$day]
- In this Instagram post, Linus Soderstrom appears to thank his Swedish team, HV71, for two fantastic seasons. Perhaps he’s moving on, most likely to the AHL? If someone that speaks Swedish can translate this one it would be greatly appreciated. [Instagram]
- Corey Pronman names Logan Cockerill and Pulock as players he likes, and declares Griffin Reinhart’s NHL career finito. [The Athletic]
- The Sound Tigers added Sebastian Aho from the big club, and two more forwards from the Railers. [Sound Tigers]
- To make room, they sent Patrick Cullity and Josh Holmstrom to Worcester. [Soundin’ Off | Sound Tigers]
- Scott Eansor signed a two-year ELC and was promptly punched and injured. Welcome to the organization. [CT Post]
- David Quenneville recorded his 80th point of the season, tying him for the team lead in points as the regular season ends. He and teammate Mark Rassell become the first defenseman-forward pair to share the team scoring title in Medicine Hat Tigers history.
Last night’s NHL scores. Many of our fellow tankies also lost, but the Hurricanes won.
- Elliotte Friedman’s focus in this week’s 31 Thoughts is the Flames trying to recoup a first-round pick after having traded theirs to the Islanders for Travis Hamonic.
- Great news: NBC announcer Eddie Olczyk says he is cancer-free. [SI.com]