The Islanders’ Dead Man Walking act continues tonight at home against the Penguins.
FIG Picks go here. Remember if you choose shutout, list the number of shots for tiebreaker purposes.
- Anders Lee is like the modern and even better version of Mark Parrish. They bond. Good Minnesota boys. [Isles | Newsday]
- Dan was on Hockey Night in New York podcast to share in the general misery that is our collective experience— er, I mean to discuss the Islanders. [Blog Talk Radio]
- Now for something completely different: Positive news! The Islanders power play has improved (i.e. Mathew Barzal is crazy.) [The Athletic]
- Also positive news! Ryan Pulock has been good, and his regular playing time would seem to indicate the Islanders acknowledge that. [The Athletic]
- The Isles have three key prospects in the WHL, OHL and QMJHL playoffs. [Isles]
- The Isles may face Matt Murray, who could return from his latest injury as soon as tonight, as they sent Tristan Jarry back to the AHL. [Trib Live]
- The Torgo Simulation: Snow Never Came, Part III. [LHH]
Elsewhere and Everywhere
Last night’s scores include a Coyotes defeat of the Flames, aiding our double-lottery hopes that will ultimately be crushed in some cruel and merciless way.
- The NHL GMs are meeting at their resort again, and would really like a consensus on goalie interference, and wouldn’t we all as the NHL once again screws things up without thinking through the consequences first. [Sportsnet | TSN] (In case you missed it over the weekend, Doug Weight would kind of like to see some clarity too.)
- Marc Bergevin is among them, as he will be next year. [Montreal Gazette]
- Are the Predators and Penguins destined for a Cup rematch? [CBC]
- Has the bloom come off the Knights? [Puck Daddy]
- With a throttling of the Whale, the Riveters have reached their first Cup final. [Ice Garden]
- Power shifts at the top and the bottom of the NHL standings. [Down Goes Brown]
- Here is a prospect for this summer’s draft, Evan Bouchard, who is good and maybe the Isles are in range there. [TSN]
- #MelnykOut billboards are up in Ottawa. [CBC]
PROOF THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TWO EARS TO PLAY HOCKEY:
Derek Forbort:— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) March 20, 2018
➡️ Ear clipped by skate
➡️ Sits out a couple shifts