Yes, there’s another Islanders game today, 5 pm versus the Hurricanes. I’ll be seeing A Wrinkle in Time at that point, so I’ll find out who tortured their fans the most after it’s over.
FIG picks go here. New lines might help you make a decision.
- Among those new lines is John Tavares playing on Mathew Barzal’s wing. It’s cute that they think this still matters. [Newsday | Islanders]
- Weight, like every one else in the universe, wants clarity on goaltender interference. [Newsday]
- Here’s an idea: defense. [The Sporting News]
- Tavares. He’s still a big deal. Arthur Staple talks to him, Weight and others about the captain’s head it at right now. He, as always, is tight-lipped but it’s possible the team has played itself. Also last night, Nick Kypreos said things may be “snowballing” out of the Islanders favor. Meanwhile, Steve Simmons is drooling. So, yeah, everything’s great.
- Two Islanders NCAA prospects will face each other for the Hockey East title. [Islanders]
- Sound Tigers notes ahead of today’s game against Providence. [Soundin’ Off]
- Worcester is on a good roll right now and still trying to get into playoff position. Matt Lane scored twice as the Railers beat Fort Wayne 3-2 last night. [Telegram]
- The Railers will also add Duluth East’s Jake Randolph on a pro contract. [WDIO]
- Final Worcester note: rookie Tommy Kelley is having a good first pro season. [Telegram]
- Last night’s NHL scores. The Devils and Blue Jackets continue to roll, the Hurricanes collapsed against the Flyers and the Leafs embarrassed the Habs.
- Here’s your NCAA hockey tournament breakdown, courtesy of SBN College Hockey.