It was a nice break, but we must suffer the fate of the Islanders again tonight. I know, me neither. It’s a home-and-home with the Capitals, and they’re in Brooklyn this evening. Leave your FIGs here.
- Doug Weight is trying to remain optimistic. On the team’s playoff chances: “You can close gaps quick.” [Newsday]
- ‘It Led to Nothing’ can’t be the best omen for the latest Islanders Anxiety. [LHH]
- Craig Custance joined the Isle Seat Podcast this week. [ISP]
- Only a couple weeks left in the Isles’ Sticks & Skates program, which ends March 26. Also, it may be Community Day. [Islanders]
- The Sound Tigers had a decent chance of a playoff appearance going into Wednesday. [Soundin’ Off]
- They’re also very good at 4-on-4 hockey, which is fun. [CT Post]
- Stan Fischler remembers fifteen special moments of his career. [MSG]
Rest of the World
Last night’s NHL scores. Rangers won, as did the Devils, convincingly.
- Jared Spurgeon, one-time Islander draft pick and very good/elite defenseman for the Wild, will miss four weeks, a ‘big blow.’ [The Athletic]
- According to Pierre LeBrun, the NHL’s GMs favor an expanded playoff format. I, too, favor more job security. [The Athletic]
- NBCSN put Susan Sarandon on the broadcast last night and was roasted for it. I dunno, I like Susan Sarandon, and she likes hockey. [Awful Announcing]