With the Islanders eight points out of the playoffs, Mike and Dan recount a season of frustration and take a dim look at the franchise’s future. They kick around ideas to fix the team that probably won’t happen and lament previous mistakes that have formed their negativity. But there’s still plenty of love for “beautiful Band-Aid” Mathew Barzal and a lot of gallows humor thrown in as well.
Remember, use the code LIGHTHOUSE to get 10% off your order at ProStockHockey.com, the largest online selection of real pro stock hockey equipment. Offer ends on March 28, so don’t wait. Pro Stock Hockey – if the pros don’t use it, we don’t sell it.
REFERENCES (hope you have a subscription to The Athletic)
- Doug Weight says the Islanders need to win 10 of their final 13 games to get to the playoffs. Sure, Doug. [Newsday]
- The now infamous “Tavares: No Fun Right Now” article and its follow-up, both by Neil Best of Newsday.
- Arthur Staple on Mathew Barzal’s importance to the Vancouver hockey community. [The Athletic]
- Staple on Christopher Gibson, and the Islanders being “due for a major overhaul.”
- Writer Marc Antoine Godin on how the Lightning have built up their organization. [The Athletic]
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word as best you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme Song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app using our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey
Also available at: