Ah well. They probably weren’t making the dance this year anyway. Not mathematically out yet!
- Recaps from what may be the dagger: LHH | Newsday | NHL
- The latest StapeChat looks ahead to this summer with John Tavares, and what else the future may hold. [The Athletic]
- The Sound Tigers fared a little better than their parent club last night, winning in OT in Rochester on a set-up from Josh Ho-Sang, but they too have dim playoff hopes. [CT Post | Sound Tigers]
- They also did a nice thing, signing two young children to player contracts as part of the “Make-a-Wish” foundation. [WTNH CT News]
- However, their week overall wasn’t great. [Islanders]
- David Quenneville and Andre Durandeau had big weeks, and Ilya Sorokin won Olympic Gold. [Islanders Prospect Report]
- If you scroll to page 18 of The Real Deal - Long Island 2018, you will find an article on the development of Belmont. Pretty neat.
Other League News
- Last night’s NHL scores. The Rangers won their first game post-demolition.
- Speaking of the Rangers, get a behind-the-scenes look at their thinking at the deadline and ahead. [NY Post]
- See what Ryan McDonagh went through in his final hour as a Ranger. [NY Post]
- And he thanks the fans and the city for the love he received during his time in Manhattan. [The Players Tribune]
- Elliotte Friedman delves deep into what did and didn’t happen at the NHL Trade Deadline in this week’s 31 Thoughts.
- Taylor Hall is making a Hart Trophy case that is undeniable at this point. [North Jersey]
- The Hockey PDOcast determines trade deadline winners and losers in this latest episode, joined by Tyler Dellow.
- The deadline reshaped the minors, as well.
- Ryan Reaves, traded to the Golden Knights as part of the Derick Brassard deal, has his rugged play defended by Gerard Gallant. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- Jordan Staal says the death of his infant daughter was the result of a birth defect. Tragic news - prayers for he and his family. [News & Observer]
- Elliotte Friedman referred to Vancouver as a negative market and Vancouverites reacted... negatively.
- But good news, Vancouverians: you will be hosting the 2019 NHL Draft. Hooray for you. [NHL]
- There is much debate about the ethicality of player tracking, insofar as privacy issues. [ESPN]
- Let’s get the story behind Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson’s gold medal-winning goal in the shootout. [The Athletic]
- And finally, what if Wakanda had an Olympic Hockey Team? Excellent work from @yolo_pinyato. [Raw Charge]