Today is a great day because Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are sad, even for a day. (Congrats to the Eagles and... *shudders* the city of Philadelphia.) Unfortunately, it probably means the amount of babies they consume for food energy will probably be higher than average, but it’s a give-and-take thing.
- Nick Leddy had gone through quite the slump until Saturday’s game, in which he scored and played well at both ends of the ice. [Newsday]
- Casey Cizikas is honored to represent the Islanders as their ambassador for Hockey Is For Everyone month for the second straight year. [Islanders]
- The lady whomst’ve dropped the puck on Saturday night was Sandra Velasquez, founder of Hockey Fights Hate. Relive the excitement. [MSG Video]
- Don’t know if you noticed or not, but the Islanders are still right in the thick of the playoff race. Luckily, the rest of the Metro took a shit around the time we did. The Power Rankings this week noticed. [LHH]
Around the League
Yesterday’s NHL scores. All Metro teams in action yesterday lost.
- That includes the Hurricanes, who lost 3-1 at home to the Sharks. Coach Bill Peters is not happy. I am, however. [News & Observer]
- All that and more in your Weekly Metro Division Snapshot. [AATJ]
- Tonight’s opponent will be without Filip Forsberg, suspended three games for interference via his hit on Jimmy Vesey. Not a bad hit in and of itself, but it is very clearly late. [OTF]
- Josh Leivo has asked for a trade away from the Maple Leafs. I’d take him. Never cracked Babcock’s lineup, for some reason, but he could be a good buy-low candidate. [PPP]