On a cathartic episode, Mike and Dan discuss the NHL trade deadline and the Islanders inactivity at it. They breakdown why the Islanders weren’t in a position to make any moves and what it says about the organization as a whole.
They also share a laugh at the expense of Barclays Center CEO Brett Yormark, who said some boneheaded things about the Islanders this weekend. Finally, they advocate for the new film, Black Panther, and for the Islanders to be moved to Acapulco.
- Staple’s Islanders trade deadline wrap up at The Athletic.
- You can catch up with the rest of the league at SBN’s Trade Tracker.
- Brett Yormark’s dopey comments and the inevitable backtracking, both at Newsday.
- Our stories on the Brandon Davidson and Chris Wagner acquisitions.
- John Tavares could sign during the season? Please do. [Newsday]
- Thanks, Art
We may fight a lot on here, #Isles fans, but days like today — team struggling, no big moves and your arena hosts want you out — make me genuinely sympathetic. This ain’t fun.— Arthur Staple (@StapeAthletic) February 27, 2018
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word as best you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme Song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app using our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey
Also available at: