Sorry for the delay in today’s Bits, folks. It is a busy time of year, of course.
The Islanders finish up their 4-game southwestern swing tonight in Dallas. A win would mean they secured 6 of a possible 8 points on a challenging trip. FIG Picks go here.
- Brock Nelson’s contract is up after this season, but he’s making it harder to risk losing him with his play this season. [Newsday]
- The Isle Seat Podcast is joined by Nick Hirshon, who wrote “We Want Fish Sticks” about the rebranding of the Isles in the mid-90s. [Isle Seat]
- The Railers and Thunder played a feisty match in Worcester and the Railers were topped by the Adirondack team. [RailersHC]
Friday and Saturday there were NHL games played. Here are their scores. [Friday | Saturday]
- Patrik Berglund’s disappearance from the Sabres is still mysterious, even within the Buffalo dressing room. But they aren’t letting it get to them. [The Athletic]
- The first two rounds of the NWHL Draft are in the books. Get the scoop on the first 10 picks. [The Ice Garden]
- The IIHF released a video that explains what defines a late hit, as written in their new Late Hit Rule. [IIHF]
- Dan Carcillo is leading the charge for better concussion protection and education after his own and his close friends’ harrowing experiences with them. He’s doing good work in retirement. [SBN]
- It is time we stop misremembering the legacy of Canadiens backup André “Red Light” Racicot, an absolutely brutal own of a nickname for a goalie. [EOTP]