Two days in a row without hockey? This is an abomination, a crime against God himself, corrected only by playing hockey tomorrow - which they will, at the Coliseum against the Red Wings.
- Mark Herrmann fears it might be time to light a candle and say a prayer for the Islanders struggling offense. [Newsday]
- But, we may see some new power play combos. Anthony Beauvillier and Josh Ho-Sang found their ways onto the second unit, though Barry Trotz did say that they may have just been placeholders and not something we should necessarily expect to see tomorrow night. [Newsday]
- That being said, at 5v5, the offense has been much more of an issue this season, and Mathew Barzal has experienced that himself. Tyler Dellow dives into why he or his linemates haven’t been able to produce this season. [The Athletic]
- Alternatively, though, he has looked more like his old self of late, as noted by Dan and Leboff in the latest Islanders Anxiety episode. [LHH]
- Jonathan (Spizz) breaks down Barzal’s defensive zone play using GIFs in light of Trotz’s whack of his play in 3v3 OT. [LHH]
- The man is a popular topic today: Dom on Trotz on the path ahead in Barzal’s evolution to elite hockey player. [LHH]
- If nothing else changes, perhaps they can recall Devon Toews, as he is about to return from injury for the Sound Tigers. [Soundin’ Off]
- At least we’re not alone: Bridgeport is struggling for offense, as well. [CT Post]
- The Railers are hosting Non-Profit Awareness night on December 22, if you happen to live anywhere near Worcester. [RailersHC]
Last night’s NHL scores. The Lightning defeated the Maple Leafs 4-1 in a divisional matchup of two of the league’s titans.
- The story was that either an opposing Hurricanes player or teammate Brendon Dillon cursed out Erik Karlsson; when both Dillon and Karlsson were asked about it, they confirmed it was Karlsson himself. This is hysterical. [Fear the Fin]