Mike and Dan talk about the end of the Islanders’ winning streak and the beginning of their time as the world’s premier producer of hockey coaching talent.
They also discuss the team’s second annual alumni night, the emerging assertiveness of Josh Bailey, the recent play of AHLers Michael Dal Colle and Josh Ho-Sang, who “The Islanders of Canada” are and the differences between media coverage from Montreal and Toronto. Finally, they solve the mystery of how John Tavares will be received when he returns to face the Islanders on Long Island (without even charging listeners a subscription fee).
- Barry Trotz’s press conference from after the loss to the Canadiens.
- Arthur Staple on the legendary humbleness of Josh Bailey.
- Even Casey Cizikas couldn’t believe it was the same Jeremy Colliton who was named Blackhawks coach. [Islanders]
- Pierre Lebrun’s weird article about Max Pacioretty, Erik Karlsson and John Tavares returning to their old arenas.
- Alumni Weekend, baby! Turtlenecks for everyone.
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word about Islanders Anxiety any way you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
Closing theme song: “Vow” by Garbage.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app. Use either the app’s search function or enter our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey