No time to dawdle today, folks. Getting right into it.
With the goalie health situation resettled, Tom Kuhnhackl has been recalled from Bridgeport after a one-game, three-point stint.
- The goalie tandem of Thomas Greiss and Robin Lehner have the Islanders sitting pretty in the Metro. [Newsday]
- Here, I will let the headline do the talking: Anders Lee has made John Tavares’ absence a non-issue. [NY Post]
- Josh Ho-Sang, whom Brent Thompson said has been “working hard,” had four assists and Michael Dal Colle scored a goal and added an assist as the Sound Tigers beat the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Kieffer Bellows scored two (see below). [Soundin’ Off]
- Those eight goals tied a franchise record. [BST]
- AJ Mleczko sees a lot of hockey - not only from making the trek from Boston to Brooklyn for Isles games, but from coaching her four kids’ teams, as well. And she’s a big believer in moving all the kids’ positions, so they play them all.
#Isles 2016 first round pick Kieffer Bellows scored 2G today for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, snapping a 10-game goal drought. Here are his two goals from today. (spoiler alert: they're beauties) pic.twitter.com/urD4Jtbbdl— Jacob Stoller (@JLStoller) November 5, 2018
- Last night’s NHL scores.
- We’ve got our first coach firing of the season: the Kings have let go of head coach John Stevens and assistant coach Don Nachbaur; they’ve been replaced by Willie Desjardins as head coach and Marco Sturm as assistant. [Kings | JFTC]
- Despite having just won, GM Rob Blake felt his squad wasn’t playing inspired enough. Something’s definitely not right out there - they’ve struggled mightily out of the gate, and it will be tough to recover this season. [The Athletic]
- It will be especially difficult because their problems run far deeper than coaching or “inspired play.” [LA Times]