Still haven’t figured out if the break is for the players or the fans. Folks! But seriously, we could all use a break from the Islanders for a week. Including the Islanders themselves.
- Recaps from a Devil-ish matinee: LHH | Newsday | NHL | Islanders | NY Post | NYI Skinny | AATJ
- Jaroslav Halak is a tired man - he’s made eight of the last nine starts, facing at least 35 shots in each. [Newsday]
- After the game, Sebastian Aho, Anthony Beauvillier, and Tanner Fritz were returned to Bridgeport on loan - the Sound Tigers have games during the bye week, so they’re getting the kids some more games. [Islanders]
- Josh Bailey doesn’t appear to be out for too long, but he may not be back right away on Saturday against the Rangers. [NY Post]
- The Railers dropped a 3-0 decision in Reading, going to 2-1 on their six-game road trip. [RailersHC]
- In this week’s Power Rankings, the Islanders suck! Well, they certainly had a rough go of it, anyway. [LHH]
- Your Weekly Metro Division Snapshot for this week is on tap. [AATJ]
- Last night’s NHL scores. The Rangers lost to the Golden Knights going into their bye week.