Last night was a heckuva win and a heckuva game from Ryan Pulock. Good for him. Enough said.
Enjoy the football today.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | SCH
- Doug Weight says Ryan Pulock was assertive in setting a new team rookie defenseman record with five points in one game. [MSG Networks video]
- Big week for Mathew Barzal, getting talked up by some big name players [Newsday]
- The Sound Tigers beat Providence 3-2 last night, with Christopher Gibson making 25 saves and Joshua Ho-Sang having a goal and an assist. [CT Post]
- SPEAKING OF HO-SANG, Arthur Staple dropped this article just before the game and it caused a minor stir (I’m joking, of course. There are no minor stirs in Islanders Country). Doug Weight talks about the kid needing to work on his accountability, that mysterious character trait that only seems to affect players in their teens and early 20’s, and not guys in their 30’s who have two goals in 40-something games. It doesn’t sound like they’re down on Ho-Sang at all, but whatever they need to see from him, they haven’t seen lately. The Soundin’ Off post-gamer has more from Brent Thompson, who wants to see more consistency in his 200-foot game. And in the recap, Ho-Sang of the Islanders “They’ll call me when they’re ready for me.” This sounds very frustrating for all parties.
- The Worcester Railers lost their second straight game to Jacksonville, and are having trouble at home. [Friday’s recap | Saturday’s recap, both from the Telegram]
- Last night’s NHL scores. The Coyotes blew out the Blues, the Stars obliterated the Sabres and the Avalanche have won nine straight after beating the Rangers.
- Pekka, buddy, giving up goals from the neutral zone is no Bueno. [SBN]
- Revel in the magnificence of Bruce Bennett’s best photos of 2017, as chosen by the man himself.
- And photos of...slightly less renown: rookie cards from every NHL head coach. [Puck Junk]
- Ken Daneyko and a local video game legend played NHL ‘94 on the jumbotron at the Prudential Center and it was really sweet. [SBN]
This is still funny. But at least they caught the culprit.