The Bruins are back in Brooklyn. In my mind, the Islanders are already looking ahead to Saturday’s game in Chicago, hoping to rebound from tonight’s loss. Even though they were off last night and Boston was not.
FIGs go here. I don’t even know who you can pick anymore.
- Josh Bailey appears set to return tonight (thank heavens), while Andrew Ladd, Johnny Boychuk, Casey Cizikas, and even Nikolay Kulemin hit the ice yesterday in practice. [Newsday | NY Post]
- Justin Bourne breaks down what makes Mathew Barzal so amazing - his work in his own end. [The Athletic]
- AUDIO: Arthur Staple was on TSN Radio discussing Barzal’s development into an important complement to John Tavares.
- Speaking of Tavares, he evidently may or may not re-sign at some point in the near or far future. Good talk, everyone. [NHL]
- Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts this week links Brock Nelson to the Devils, which I could see in the offseason. [Sportsnet]
- The Isle Seat Podcast thinks we need some help. I would have to agree. [Isle Seat | SoundCloud]
- Garth Snow is one of six “hockey men” under pressure heading into the season’s second half. [USA Today]
- Kieffer Bellows keeps up his torrid World Junior pace with seven points this week back in the WHL. [Islanders]
- The Sound Tigers were bested by Charlotte’s late-game rally, dropping an overall close game. [CT Post]
- Last night’s NHL scores. Tonight’s opponent beat their rivals, the Canadiens, 4-1, and Ducks-Penguins wasn’t decided before bed time, so your guess is as good as mine!
- Two-to-five months of Evander Kane is apparently worth four assets - thankfully, we already have Jordan Eberle, acquired for one mediocre asset. [SBN]
- I’m sure by now you’ve heard, but Kid Rock was announced as the NHL All-Star Game “entertainment.” PPP says the NHL is flipping off its fans again, and I’d mostly agree, except that there is a large portion of tasteless hockey fans that is probably amped for this. But man, I’d rather listen to the Zambonis brake than the “American Bad Ass.” [PPP]
- Louis Domingue opens up about his treatment in Arizona. “I almost quit hockey.” [Raw Charge]
- The Rangers lay on the bubble, but it seems they recognize they’re in between contending and competing, and need to follow through by selling off assets for top prospects and draft picks. [Blueshirt Banter]