FIG picks go here. Lotsa guys are hurt. Surely more lineup news is forthcoming. Expect a dose of Seidenberg tonight.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | EOTP Top Six Minutes
- One of last night’s goal-scorers - Anthony Beauvillier - returned from the AHL a changed man. [Islanders]
- He also laughs at Mathew Barzal’s French, which is getting better. [Islanders]
- Take a step back in time and re-live Barzal’s glorious backhand goal against the Rangers on Saturday. [Spizz]
- A Q&A with Anders Lee about his season and having the Captain pick up more dinner tabs. [PHT]
- The Islanders injury problems have also filtered down to the Sound Tigers [Soundin’ Off] but they’re collecting points and climbing the standings [BST].
- It wouldn’t be a trip to Canada without John Tavares free agency stuff: Tavares himself told a room full of reporters that he wants to stay an Islander [Newsday]. Feels good. And Bob McKenzie says the situation is either grim or hopeful depending on what you think about the Islanders [TSN]. It will all be in the Encyclopedia shortly.
- And Arena stuff! Newsday reports that the Belmont arena could take three years to build, based on precedents and the tons of work that still need to be done before construction can begin. So where will the team play in the meantime? Next season: Brooklyn. Afterwards: They’re still working on it.
Around the NHL
- Yesterday’s scores. Man, Tyler Seguin loves playing the Bruins.
- Dale Tallon destroyed his own team. [The Comeback]
- Brent Seabrook makes a lot of money, has won three Cups, was a healthy scratch and is driving Blackhawks fans crazy. But he means a lot to Chicago. [Sun Times]
- Not Hockey: On the New York Arrows, Nassau Coliseum’s other dynasty. [Elite Sports NY]