Today’s the last day of Islander reprieve. They practice tomorrow, and visit the Garden Saturday afternoon.
- All-Star rosters were announced yesterday, and one familiar face will be representing the Islanders, as will one unfamiliar one. John Tavares will attend his 5th ASG Weekend, and Josh Bailey his first. Congratulations to the beautiful boys. [Newsday | Islanders]
- Bailey feels honored to have been selected to the All-Star Game, because what else would he feel? [Islanders]
- Arthur Staple reviews some negatives from the Islanders’ first half of the season. [Newsday]
- AUDIO: Jon Ledecky stopped by Boomer and Gio and hung out for a while. [CBS]
- During the interview, he discussed his confidence that a deal will be struck to allow the Islanders to play some, if not all, the games in the interim between Brooklyn and Belmont. [Newsday]
- In a preview of Isles-Rangers on Saturday, their minor league affiliates squared off, with Hartford defeating Bridgeport in the shootout. [CT Post | Sound Tigers]
- Not in a link but an important Bit: Josh Ho-Sang was scratched because not playing is apparently the best way to develop a player that was already unnecessarily demoted and held there far too long while the team that could use him spirals.
- The Isles have two very dedicated fans in Wales who attended Sunday’s win over New Jersey and make trips to Islander games at least once a year. [Islanders]
- Former Islander Dave Scatchard combines his love of the game he played with his love of film to create documentaries chronicling players’ paths to the NHL. [Islanders]
Other Hockey News
- Last night’s NHL scores. Only two games last night.
- Anthony Duclair finally got his fresh start, acquired by the Blackhawks along with Adam Clendening in exchange for Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin. Chicago did well this time trading with the Coyotes. [Second City Hockey]
- Check out some of the biggest snubs from the All-Star rosters. Only eleven players can represent each team, including the Metro, is what I’d tell this author if I were to encounter them somewhere, like a Dunkin’. [SBN]
- Justin Falk called Evander Kane “selfish” during a practice skirmish. The frustration is high in Buffalo. [SBN]
- I joke about how much I dislike him often and so does almost everyone, but never in a million years would I or anyone (I presume) would wish the prostate cancer diagnosis Pierre McGuire received on him. Best wishes to he and his family. [SI.com]
- You’ve certainly read his 31 Thoughts before, but Elliotte Friedman is teaming up with Jeff Marek for a new podcast named for his famed weekly column. [Sportsnet]
- Greg Wyshynski lists seven GMs on the hot seat through the midpoint of the season. Oddly enough, Garth Snow ain’t one of ‘em. Four of them run Canadian clubs, though, and the potential for juicy chaos is high. [ESPN]
- Down Goes Brown ranks the NHL’s first 100 seasons from worst to best. Guess what was No. 100. [Sportsnet]