The Islanders have one more preseason game to go, Sunday at 5 pm against the Flyers at Philly. Then, a week from yesterday, the real thing starts. Prepare yourselves accordingly.
- Mathew Barzal earned assists on all three Islanders goals in their 3-1 win over the Sabres last night. [Islanders | NHL.com]
- That Tavares-Eberle top line is gonna be a thing. Sounds like a plan. [Newsday]
- Meanwhile, the team’s two (2) goalies are ready to go. Yup, just two of them. [Islanders]
- Dom says settle down about having only one defenseman on the power play already. It’s what NHL teams do now. This goes for me, too, because this used to drive me crazy. But maybe that was just Brian Rolston.
- Cuts have come to the Sound Tigers, with some of these guys expected to end up in Worchester. Which, by the way, is where Bridgeport will be playing their final preseason game, tonight against the Wolf Pack.
- The Railers’ first ever training camp starts on Monday and they’ll announce their camp roster tomorrow.
- Set your jaws to “awwwwww” and check out these shots from the Islanders Puppy Calendar, coming soon to a website near you. Also coming soon will be a write-up from Jenny on the shoot and how much fun these guys had with the pups. [Isles Story | Isles behind-the-scenes | Gallery]
- I mean, I’m not even a dog guy, but c’mon...
mat barzal and the puppies pic.twitter.com/Sq4srbgNIh— jenny berman (@thirdliners) September 28, 2017
- Vladimir Tarasenko is making some adjustments to get even better. Watch out Western Conference. [NHL.com]
- Sportsnet runs down the top left wings in the NHL. Don’t look for any Islanders. [Sportsnet]
- Looking at old hockey cards is never not fun, and here’s a long read perusing the top 21 cards of the NHL’s 21-team era. John Tonelli! [Sportsnet]