The NHL preseason trudges on, but the Islanders have the weekend off. I suggest you do the same. Next game is Monday at Barclays against the Devils.
If you’re free and local, stop by the LHH pick up game this evening at 6:45 at the Port Washington Skating Center. See the FanPost here for more info.
- Hey, they won last night in Bridgeport, sending the partisan (I assume) crowd home happy. Jaroslav Halak made 34 saves in the 2-1 victory. [Islanders. Update: apparently the Hartford/Manhattan contingent was strong last night, according to rcsharp71 in the comments. Alas...]
- The game was a sort of homecoming for Josh Ho-Sang who was electric all night (or so I heard). [CT Post]
- Ryan Pulock knows he needs to make this camp a good one if he wants a spot on the blueline. [Newsday]
- Kieffer Bellows was returned to Portland of the WHL yesterday, but not before signing his ELC with the Islanders. Arnaud “Duran Duran” Durandeau and David Quenneville were also sent back to junior. Be well, men.
- It’s been a long road for former “Mr. Hockey” and Minnesota guy Nick Leddy. Includes some words from a local rival named Anders Lee, who’s known Leddy since they were kids. [USA Hockey]
- Whattaya think of center Jeff Kubiak so far? Keep ‘em or dump ‘em? [FanPost]
- Scott Mayfield’s long, flaxen locks are no more. He got a haircut and will donate it to Wigs4Kids, a charity dedicated to children with cancer. Good on you, Scott. [Islanders]
- One of Mayfield’s more... folically challenged teammates tried to sneak in and steal ‘em. No dice, Johnny.
- Remember Keith Aucoin? He’s still playing, at 38-years-old, in the Germany. [Lowell Sun]
- I know you remember Sean Avery. We’ll he’s got a new book out and a good portion of it is just him [Avery]ing all over John Tortorella. [Puck Daddy]
- This whole No-lympics thing isn’t a good look for the NHL, even if they’re looking forward to playing in China in 2022. [NY Post Backcheck column]
- Pensburgh offers their review of EA Sports NHL 18 with one of the most savage ledes you’ll ever see in a sports video game article.