The New York Islanders are in Bridgeport tonight, where they’ll host the Rangers for some of that hot preseason action you can’t do without. There will be an online radio stream as well as televising on MSG.
- Arthur Staple offers his first mailbag of training camp, and the answers are what no irrational #IslesTwitter fan wants to hear. [Newsday]
- Wait, they’re calling slashing now? What next?! [Islanders trying to deal with rules crackdown | Newsday | Islanders Insight]
- Spizzwolf takes us down a wonderful rabbit hole back to an Anders Lee deflection in a crazy November game against the Penguins. [LHH]
- Doug Weight wants his new staff to feel like they’ve been coaching with him forever...but he hopes he hasn’t over hammered his points. [SNY]
- Officially now, Sound Tigers training camp begins on Monday, so expect cuts and such by then. [Sound Tigers]
- J-F Berube had no idea what was going on either — well, other than that the team was “scared to lose me on waivers,” for whatever reason. [Q&A with new Blackhawks goalie Jean-Francois Berube – The Athletic]
- WHL Portland thinks it will have a good team and looks forward to getting NHL campers like Keiffer Bellows back. [Portland Trib]
- REMINDER: The 2017 LHH pick-up game is tomorrow night at Port Washington Skating Center at 6:45 PM. See Turgeon1992 for more details. And for God’s sake DON’T GET HURT.
Beyond the Isle
- Larry Robinson always does whatever he wants, and right now he wants is a senior consultant role with the Blues. [Blues | Puck Daddy]
- All of the top players hate the Corsi, or don’t care about it, and Patrick Kane thinks players seriously toss the puck at net just to pad this stat they supposedly don’t care about. (Also: “A lot” of people have told TJ Oshie his shooting percentage was unsustainably high last season, his walk year. [TSN]
- “Almost 100% of the rumors on Jagr’s next team are inaccurate.” I mean, technically, that is always the case because only one can be correct but... [Puck Daddy]
- Andrew Shaw talks about trying to get around a concussion, another example of hockey culture not taking this seriously enough. [HEOTP]
- A question for all of you, too: What was the first hockey video game you owned or played? [Fear the Fin]