Camp has begun, with drills and “felt good out there”s and everything. Tomorrow is the pre-season game at Nassau Coliseum.
- Some more notes from Day 1 including crazy lines that are going to make people mad because that’s what happens. [Islanders]
- And here’s the info for tomorrow’s festivities in Uniondale. Stay for the game but go for the NHL Centennial Truck and other activities. [Islanders]
- The players are looking forward to it, although after four months off, they’d probably be looking forward to any game. [Islanders Insight]
- Jordan Eberle guested on the Isle Seat podcast. I haven’t listened yet but I’m sure it’s good.
- It’s Eberle’s turn to say he expected New York to be all concrete jungle but is pleasantly surprised to find people actually live there. A rich tradition that dates back to 1972. [Sporting News]
- On the first day, the new guy was on a line with the Captain. We’ll see how long he stays there. [Newsday]
- Great photos from Thursday’s game in Philly via photographer Kate Frese. [BSH]
- Afro is getting together a crowd-sourced Top 25 Under 25 and you can cast your votes here.
- Remember those hot custom skates Josh Ho-Sang showed off last week? Well, he’s wearing them in the preseason and one lucky fan will win them by donating clothing to two charities. Read the story and learn how to donate here. And watch this heartfelt video right now.
'I'm not going to make any crazy predictions but I think we have a team that can beat every team in the league' - Joshua Ho-Sang #Isles— Jon Lane (@JonLaneNHL) September 14, 2017
Around the NHL
- The Jets signed Bryan Little to a six-year extension. Nice player who’s older than you might think. [AIH]
- Alex Ovechkin’s proclamation that “We’re not going to be suck this year” has already become legendary. [NHL.com | Russian Machine shirts]
- Needless to say, the NHL’s decision to skip the Olympics doesn’t sit well with the proud Russian. [Japers Rink]
- Lou Lamoriello enters his final contract year with the Maple Leafs. What will his future look like? Reminder that his son Chris works for the Islanders. [Sportsnet]
- Randomness and the NHL standings: two things that seem linked together. [TSN]
- One-time Islanders draft pick Taylor Cammarata signs with the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL. Good luck, young man.
- And Stephon Williams is now with the AHL’s San Jose Barracuda. [FTF]
- The internet (including me) had a good laugh at the new meme known as Miserable Matt Duchene. [MHH]
- Kyle Okposo is relieved and ready for the season. [NHL.com]
- In which half-sentient hard-boiled egg Damien Cox says the dysfunctional Avalanche are “in danger of becoming the New York Islanders.”