If you’re not into the whole check-my-calendar thing, you may not realize that today is September 1. That means training camps begin this month.
The crushed dreams of prospects are so close I can taste them with my Recycled Devils Veteran palate.
Oh, we’re also heading into a U.S. holiday weekend (Labor Day is Monday), so don’t expect much news. But on the other side...the ice is ready:
- And Dennis Seidenberg talks to the official site about his summer, representing Germany at home in the World Championship. [Isles]
- Learn about and connect with several Islanders players’ charity programs. [Isles]
- Ooh! Here’s something to argue about (again): the crazy trajectory of “one of the uglier seasons of the modern era” Nino Niederreiter (and is he now a star?), who always had that scoring touch (despite that 1-goal first season next to Jay Pandolofo) but now exhibits the multiple dimensions to his game that Jack Capuano probably sought but didn’t know how to convey. [TSN]
- Anders Lee helps out at his alma mater (Notre Dame) camp. [WSBT]
Neither Here Nor There
Since there is little hockey-related news, you might as well check out Dan’s latest on Golden Girls sports. You know you want to:
Sports and television history all in one convenient podcast. This week: The Golden Girls and the Brooklyn Dodgers. https://t.co/Z9Ae2ZyFWy— Golden Girls Sports (@GoldenGirlsSp) August 31, 2017
- The Colorado Avalanche screw up everything, so maybe they should buck up the extra $500k to sign Nikita Zadorov? [SB Nation Daily]
- This season’s top 10 trade candidates, give or take. [THN]
- A legitimately funny perspective: What if the Vegas Golden Knights hadn’t dropped “Las” from their name? (This is the first time I realized this.) [Puck Daddy]
- From one perspective, expansion draft fodder James Neal keeps getting as raw a deal as he delivers to his cheapshot victims. [NBC]
- Aaron Ekblad considers himself an ally, encourages LGBTQ hockey players to come out. [Out Sports]
- Mike Ribeiro’s family and agent fear for his safety after another relapse and no contact. He is evidently both ill and an alleged sexual assaulter, so reasonable people’s feelings may be quite conflicted here. [NBC]
- So, apparently...Ryan Malone is still a thing. Gets a Wild PTO. I can no longer diss any Isles ex-Devils PTO. [Puck Daddy]
Have a great weekend!